Who Can Be An MSA Student?
The Academy is open to all Miamisburg resident students currently enrolled in grades 7 through 12 in the Miamisburg Public School System. This includes qualified home-schooled students. The program may be entirely Internet-based or blended with more traditional activities. All interested students will attend an orientation session to meet the staff, ask questions and receive program details.
What Does It Cost?
MSA is a conversion school sponsored by Miamisburg City Schools. There is no fee for attending MSA for qualified students and the school will provide computers and scanners if necessary. The student must have a cable Internet access. Accommodations are also available for special needs students.
What Will I Learn?
MSA follows the same curriculum used in the classroom and is taught by certified teachers.
How Do I Start?
See your Miamisburg Schools counselor for an enrollment application
Complete all required paperwork
Attend the required orientation.
For more information about the curriculum, including an explanation of the five-level assessment criteria, visit www.msda.com/curriculum.
MSA students must satisfy the following criteria for graduation:
- Carry at least 5 classes at all times
- Complete a minimum of 5 credits per year as a full time MSA student
- Complete a minimum of 20 credits (assigned and elective)
- Class of 2017 must pass all section of the Ohio Graduation Tests (OGT)
- Beginning with the Class of 2018 students must earn 18 points on seven (7) End-of-Course (EOC) Exams: English 9, English 10, Algebra 1, Geometry, Biology, American History, and American Government